Re: Re: HYB: Magical Encounter pedigree?

Midwest Gem is 11 generations back from ME.  And after working out the chart, I believe there is a missing closing parentheses, otherwise it does not compute.
I think it is after Laurel Park.  I don't have my R&I's at work to check....but with all those (((...))))'s in there, it would be easy to miss one.

I just love this stuff - I'm beginning to get a grasp on the genetics of iris - all this discussion really helps....keep it up.

Plano Texas  zone7/8

>>> jcwalters@bridgernet.com 11/22/00 09:11AM >>>
> From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
> > MAGICAL ENCOUNTER - CC 484-A: (S 367-A: (Renaissance Faire x
> > Flame x (Halolight x Savage)) x (Amethyst Flame x Silvertone)) x
> > Waters x (((((Chantilly x Midwest Gem) x Cherie) x (Lapham sdlg. x
> > x Midwest Gem)))) x Pretty Carol) x Fay 57-73))) x Country Lilac) x T
> >  (Far Corners x Laurel Park)) X Dreamsicle.
> > Judy Hunt in frigid Louisville, Kentucky, Zone 6 Brrrrr...
> Thanks Judy - what an interesting pedigree.  What do you suppose they
> were thinking when they were using MIDWEST GEM?

It's hard to tell - with all those parentheses in the pedigree, MIDWEST GEM
must be at least 6 or 7 generations back from MAGICAL ENCOUNTER.