Re: SPEC: I. lazica and I. cretensis

>>     It was 12 F this morning in Lexington, KY, USA. However Buckwheat has an
>>open blossum (indoors) with one bud yet to open .
>>Annette Milch     Zone 5/6
>23 in Farmville this AM, but I saved stalks of Buckwheat, Autumn Bugler,
>and Eternal Waltz to decorate the table tomorrow.
>There are buds coming on Iris cretensis and Iris lazica (both now
>considered forms of I. unguicularis)--I hope the box I put over them last
>night helped.

Darn it!  I "rescued" my PCI and LA seedlings from the 14 degrees F weather
last night, but I forgot about my I. cretensis.  Last year they did just
fine as low as 20 degrees F, so yours are probably going to be okay, Bill.
I hope mine were tough enough to handle it last night.  I'll have to check
for buds too.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6