Re: OT:Quest:Roger Nelson

Heard from Roger Nelson in October -- he's fighting bindweed morning
glory (says the roots go down 20 feet!!) and has planted bunches of
iris.

He is looking for:

Neva Sexton's iris: MOONLIGHT & ROSES, TRAVEL ON, MIXED EMOTIONS,
GOLDEN SENSATION, SPRINGTIME FANTASY, KIMBERLINA, SWING SHIFT, MY
DESIRE, MR. LINCOLN, and SMALL TALK.

Joe Ghio's iris: PROPHECY, MEADOWBROOK, SHOW TIME, VERVE, LINEUP,
SEWING BEE, SOCIAL WHIRL, INTUITION, CRUSHED VELVET, and FLAREUP.

He's been looking for MISS ALAMEDA (Awalt 1960) for a while -- I live
in Alameda (city), in Alameda County (Roger said it was named for the
county) & have asked every iris person I've met if they have it!

I think it would be neat if we could find some he's looking for.  He
provides a great catalog of historics and generously shares his
knowledge.  As in the first message: If anyone would like to send
Roger a price list, an offer of trade,...send your snail mail address
to me and I will forward those to Roger.  I don't feel I should post
his address without his authorization...

On another note, my 5 bloom stalks look almost ready to bloom (I
think some are INDIAN CHIEF (Ayres 1929).  Surprising how much I look
forward to seeing bloom!

Gesine in Alameda, zone 9 (pretty cold right now)

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/0/_/486170/_/975138736/