Re: Re: HYB: orange, pigments

In a message dated 11/23/00 9:45:52 AM Eastern Standard Time, lmann@icx.net
writes:

<< Based on what I've read and what's been said, it sounds like my orange
 GOLDEN APPLE X CRYSTAL GLITTERS seedlings probably combined yellow from
 GA with tangerine from CG; but if it needed violet to be orange, where
 did that come from?  Recessive violet??? >>
Linda,
    And just since I find them fascinating, what about the yellows that have
that center of violet on the falls, like Hagar's SATURNALIA?   Is that plic
gene letting the violet through or....
   I may be confusing myself...

Janet Natale
zone 8 of Sc