Re: HYB: Pigments 101

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000 23:32:35 EST arilbredbreeder@cs.com writes:
> This is old hat to some of you, but I think it may give our newcomers
> a  better understanding of why we have over-simplified things a bit.
> This strikes me as a good place to stop and entertain questions....

> Sharon McAllister
Thank you, Thank you.......I neeeed to refill that cup of coffee about

WOW! Thank you so much for this post. It seems a little deep for 5:30
a.m. Sunday morn. but I actually want to grab a pencil and paper and see
it. Your description was easy to visualize..again I have to qualify that
it is early morn and I am only partially fueled up!

How is this modified (?) or whatever when people report varying hues or
tints of the same iris in different regions and/or soils? I really am
only partially awake folks but I've been wanting to ask that question for
several days now!

Char Randall
Melba, ID USDA zone 6

eGroups eLerts