Re: HYB: Pigments 101

In a message dated 11/26/00 8:30:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
charmike1@juno.com writes:

<< How is this modified (?) or whatever when people report varying hues or
 tints of the same iris in different regions and/or soils? I really am
 only partially awake folks but I've been wanting to ask that question for
 several days now!
     As usual, Sharon provides a better answer than I ever could...and it
partially answers the question why I can't quite find the same amazing color
or azure blue iris my mom had in her garden, quite possibly her ph or other
soil factors were just too different in NJ from my SC sandy/acid soil.    I
also think that even amendments won't duplicate it precisely so I'll have to
be content with the memory of that glorious color from my childhood.

Janet Natale
zone 8 of Sc, Myrtle Beach