Re: HYB: Pigments 101

Colleen writes:
>Re your notes on variation of colour expression. I have noted that there is
>a little year to year vartiation, I'm sure my clear blues such as Scented
>Bubbles are a little more violet this year.
>
>My biggest confusion is one called Binalong. In one part of the garden the
>falls appear so dark a brown as to be almost black. In another the falls
>are
>dark brown but it it nowhere near black. The lighter coloured ones are a
>bit
>larger blooms so there is probably a bit of a dilution factor but the
>colour
>difference is very noticable.

I have seen similar variations from year to year, position in garden etc.
I would be interested to know what effect trace elements have, or lack
thereof. Also, I did not apply much lime this year, and I consider the
colours to have been better. There may, of course, be no relationship.
The most significant difference this year, is the amount of rain we have
had.
Cheers, Jan

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/975281320/