Re: HYB: Deepening Pink

In a message dated 11/26/00 7:41:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wmoores@watervalley.net writes:

<< I am trying to envision the color suggested by this thread of
 deepening the pink color?

 Would LOOKING FOR LOVE  and JUST MY STYLE, both by Rick Ernst, be
 what we are talking about here?  These are pictured in the 2000
 Cooley catalog. >>
Walter,
    Wish I'd gotten the Cooley Catalog this year, maybe I'll check the
website...mostly I was talking about bringing deep pinks into rebloomers.
Seemed to me reblooming pinks were often paler, especially the ones that
would do ok for me in SC.  I'm eager to see how DIRECT FLIGHT does for me,
which I guess could be classified as a "blue-pink"?   That's the kind of
depth of color I'm talking about, and of course saturation of color too, not
the lighter centers of the falls that seems very common to pinks.

Janet Natale
zone 8 of Sc, Myrtle Beach

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/486170/_/975367370/