Re: HYB: glaciatas

> From: IRISROT@aol.com
> What if you took and crossed say a wine colored iris onto the
"Glaciatas"?
> Then to say an orange or pink iris sibs from this cross sibs. Seems to me
if
> you are void of all colors above you would now have a better means of
getting
> a red.

Jim,

It is my understanding that glaciata is the most recessive of the four
alleles at the plicata locus (non-plicata, plicata, luminata, and
glaciata), and non-plicata, which allows full expression of the anthocyanin
pigments is the most dominant. Therefore, if you crossed a glaciata with a
wine-colored iris, the most likely outcome would be something resembling
the wine-colored parent. I don't see how you could get to where you want to
go by this route.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/975467132/