HYB: Pigments 101

In a message dated 11/29/00 5:38:57 AM Mountain Standard Time, lmann@icx.net
writes:

<< The R&I for GA says it's lemon yellow - I think of lemon
 yellow as being on the greenish side, but my GA is more of a deep butter
 yellow.  Anybody familiar with the 'real' GA? >>

Brace yourself -- it's not greenish.

In the registration, Plough used the HCC system and included reference
numbers.  The standards are lemon yellow (4/1), which corresponds to RHS 13B.
 The old RHS name chart also calls it lemon yellow, but if you're talking
about old-fashioned homemade butter rather than today's store-bought stuff,
I'd say that "deep butter yellow" is a pretty good subjective description.
The falls' "lemon yellow (4)" corresponds to RHS 13A -- same color but
slightly deeper in tone.  The beard's "Indian yellow (6) corresponds to RHS
16B -- which means it is just slightly oranger than the falls.

Sharon McAllister

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/975524161/