Re: Re: HYB: Pigments 101

In a message dated 11/29/00 5:38:57 AM Mountain Standard Time, Linda Mann
writes:

<<
 So instead of pink, you get orange! >>

Uhhhh.......   not exactly.  In this case, the appearance would be shaded
toward lavender, at best.  At worst, the red/violet/purple would be so dark
as to overwhelm the pink.

Perhaps you are thinking of the greyish orange to rust colors that can be
obtained by combining the yellow and yellow-orange carotenes with
anthocyanins.

Because we were working with a fictitious cross we completely ignored the
xanthophylls, which are of greater importance in obtaining clear oranges.

Sharon McAllister

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/486170/_/975525744/