Re: HYB:Pinks with Non-Pink/tangering Beards

--- In iris-talk@egroups.com, "wmoores" <wmoores@w...> wrote:
>   My goal is pinks with beards other than
> > orange/tangerine/red beards (unless the red is a gorgeous,
blending
> > crimson).
> >
> > Patricia Brooks
>
> Have you thought of WISH, MAGIC WISH, and SHIRLEY M. ? These are
> pinks with bluish beards.  Was there tangerine in the throats?  I
> don't remember or never pulled the falls down to see.
>
> For a red beard, try ARCTIC FOX, like a red caterpillar lying on
> white falls.
>
> Walter Moores
> Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

Thanks, Walter, I did get WISH and MAGIC WISH last year, hoping
they'll bloom and be useful in the project next spring.  I heard of
SHIRLEY M. from this group and already have it on my order form from
Riverview (whose 2001 catalog is now available -- $4.50 from them, if
someone else wants to order it; best price I've found so far.)  It
does have tangerine in the throat, but I've found none that don't, so
am planning to use pinks with at least partial non-tangerine beards
for my initial crosses, with the best pinks (in form, branching,
etc.) I can afford..

Thanks for your input.
Patricia

eGroups eLerts