Re: HYB: colors?

Linda Mann wrote:

> Anybody willing/able to put a color corrected photo of these color chips
> on the web somewhere?  Or find a photo of something in Cooley's or
> Schreiner's recent catalogs that are these colors?  Been so long since
> I've seen real butter, I dunno.  This flower is definitely a strong
> yellow, not pale at all.

At the risk of being a spoil sport, I have to give one of my periodic
soundings about color on computers.

Even if I could get a scan of a color chip to look the same on my
monitor as the chip looks itself, unless I had a very expensive color
calibration device for my monitor, and you had a similar device, both of
us having very expensive monitors, the color you would see on your
monitor would probably look very different from the way it appeared on mine.

I have two large, reasonably high end, identical monitors on my system
(no color calibrators) connected to two different interfaces (made by
the same company) and a picture on one looks very different on the other.

Until the technology improves, you just cannot use any digital image to
compare colors, or identify a particular iris.

(climbing off my soapbox now)

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at: