Glaciatas have two sets of recessive gene which are needed for proper
expression. This is one reason why they are so scarce. They are a subset of
plicata genes. You need to have four plicata genes pl pl pl pl as well as four
glaciata genes (for illustation purposes I'll call them pla) pla pla pla pla.
Glaciata genes don't express themselves without the presence of four plcata
genes being present.The same is true of luminatas. They don't epress
themselves in non plicata plants. The connection beween luminatas and
glaciatas is a bit more complex. I think that the luminata and glaciata gene
are the same gene in different dosages. That is luminata could just be pla pla
pla pl, while glaciata are pla pla pla pla. Certainly the crosses and
hybridizing with these varations of plicata would sugest this to me.BUT these
are all subsets of plicata and only shown in plants that are pl pl pl pl.