RE: REB: end of season

Oh well, Tim, if everything grew and bloomed half as well for me as they
do for others, I would never have started pollen daubing.  It is SO much
fun waiting for seedlings to bloom, I wouldn't have missed out on this
kind of fun for anything. :-)

Jim Ennenga and I aren't too far from each other, as the crow flies,
about 50 miles north of me.  Some things actually do better here in my
rockpile than in their clay landfill and vice versa!  They are on a hill
top, I'm down in a hole in the ground, in the shadow of a hill that
blocks morning sun, which also makes some difference.  Plus they use
pesticides and a do a fantastic job of herbiciding every single weed,
which I don't even try to do.

My start of AUNT MARY was a tiny offset, so it has taken it awhile to
get big enough to bloom.  I'm just delighted to find another cultivar
that seems to be doing well so far.  Good to hear that it can bloom
earlier - maybe next year.

Freeze forecast tomorrow night - trying to decide what to dig, what to
cover, what to let go.

<Linda I am sorry to read that AUNT MARY has not bloomed for you yet.
 Ennenga sent me quite a picture of it reblooming in his and Ruth's, TN
home last   year. last night froze about 4 dozen rebloom stalks.   Tim
Stanek   Zone 4 SW IOWA >

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8