Re: HYB: form, older stuff

TEA LEAVES is one of the very good ones here for health and reliability,
but stalks are all over the place.  I posted a photo of a bloomstalk
this fall - tall skinny stalk with 3 blooms open at once coming out of
the terminal socket.  Sometimes it has fairly decent branching and bud
placement, but usually isn't very good.  Stalks tend to be a bit weak

I haven't tried to use it much, but was impressed (and surprised) with
the one seedling that bloomed this spring from TEA LEAVES X PEACH SPOT,
so will try to use it more in the future.

I don't think the latest style is <intended> to be a few buds on top of
short stalks - surely they don't look like that in the hybridizers'
gardens <g>

But I know what you mean - many disappointments here that look like that
if they live and bloom.

<Linda, How does tea leaves grow for you?  Here, it's got great
branching and bud count.  It's a total contrast to latest style which
only has a few buds on top of short stalks. Will Warner>
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8