Re: HYB: form, pedigrees

I've been wondering about half-sib (step sib?) crosses.  Are those more
likely to give good results than full sib crosses?

My favorite lost label story is the year my dog buried a dead skunk in
the seedling cold frame, rearranging both seedlings and labels in the
process.  None of those seedlings wound up being worth keeping, so that
won't be in any pedigrees <g>

Also lost a few labels to visiting puppy curiosity.

<I was very impressed with the form of Lunar Whitewash (Innerst 03) when
it   rebloomed this fall. Parentage is ([Bonus Mama x Twice Delightful)
X sibling)).
 White with beautiful ruffling. Perhaps this will help answer a question
from   earlier in the year about whether sib crosses are a good thing.
.......I have been corresponding with Keith Keppel about the ways the
wrong
parentages get recorded in the Registrations and Introductions booklet.
Needless to  say there are many reasons, some of them really quite
amusing. .....Anyone  out there with stories..?>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8