Re: Re: Re: HYB: form, older stuff

Betty, I'm glad you know Latest Style. I'm kinda wanting to get a
confirmation on it's ID.  The falls don't seem as dark as pics I've found
on the net. It's nearly white here, but just a faint hint of being an
amoena.   But, I've experienced that with alot of the light colored
cultivars.  My only problem with it is that it hasn't had over 7buds or got
over 2ft, and it blooms all at once.  I call it BAM!  And then that stalk is
done. I'll post a pic on iris photo's of what I'm talking about.  I do love
how it's reblooming, even though it blooms like that, it's made multiple
stalks that have bloomed in sequence, so it hasn't stopped for weeks,
and it's still sending up stalks.  It's planted right next to tea leaves and
they both have the same soil and got the same fertilizer for two years.
Tea leaves has been a foot taller with an extra low branch with 10-11
buds. I know what Linda is talking about with weak stalks, mine are
solid, but none strait.  They kinda start out at about a 30deg. angle and
then curve upward.   Its bloom habit is spaced out, makes it last alot
longer.
They are
both definately performers in my zone.
Check out the pic and let me know if you think of LS.  I noticed you list
Latest Style as a parent in one of
your crosses. Can't remember if it was the pod or pollen parent though.
Mine has a bee pod on it right now.  Wonder if it's a self, or from it's
neighbor TL?
Will Warner
SW MO
zone6