CULT: What to do (if anything) about a fan growing horizontally

On one of my recently planted in September, a prominent very healthy fan has
grown out horizontally, almost directly parallel to the ground. I suppose I
assumed that it would right itself on its own, but it hasn't. The plant appears
to be enormously healthy and vigorous (it is Crowned Heads). Other smaller
fans around it are sticking upward vertically as they should.

Should I assume that in the spring this big fan will grow upward? I am
wondering if this is common. I have no other plants where this has happened.

Thanks--
Mike
Coastal SC
Zone 7B (I think)