Re: Re: HIST: Harrison Omnibus: Details

In a message dated 11/17/04 10:09:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
koekkoek@mtcnet.net writes:

<< Your work on the Rev. Harrison sounds like you really went the extra mile
to find out all you could about this midwestern iris pioneer.  I enjoyed what
you wrote earlier in Roots, so I'm sure the book is a worthy expansion of
those articles.  Thank
you for all you have done. >>

Thank you, Arnie. Lovely to see your voice again.

I am gratified to hear you enjoyed the excerpts in ROOTS. In the Omnibus the
unabridged paper runs to fifty pages, half of which is notes. As usual, the
spicy and controversial bits are hidden in the notes.

My work on Harrison must really be seen as the first word on the subject, not
the last. I think there is more research to be done with regard to his
personal life, but I was, and am, in Richmond, Virginia, and starting entirely from
scratch. Nor did I have a grant to defray any expenses, which sort of thing is
beginning to impact a lot of independent research.

The main thing I would like to say here is this:

Harrison was family, and he had an incredible life. No one ever loved his
fellow man more. He is worthy of our attention; moreover, he is interesting and
enjoyable to read, so we decided to bundle up a collection of his works so
people could get at them. However, the Omnibus is a Print On Demand book. Because
it is highly labor intensive to produce, and there are other projects we want
to work on, we don't intend it to be available forever.

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond, VA USA
"The hen is mightier than the sword."
The Rev. C. S. Harrison, York NE, (1832-1919).