To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 9:22 AM
Subject: [iris] mulberry tree

Shame on you Mike Greenfield. As a kid growing up in Kansas, I can remember
sitting in a big ole mulberry tree and eating mulberries all day long or so it
seemed. Don't remember them having worms. Sort of makes me feel icky. My
grandma used to bake mulberry/rhubarb pies. I ate some mulberries as an adult
and they didn't seem to have much taste. Don't know if the mulberries in Texas
are bland or if my childhood memory is faulty. I guess the whole robin is
discouraging as I seldom have rebloom here. I have bought rebloomers, put them
in special beds that get more water and fertilizer etc. and still no bloom. I
am having some rebloom in a different bed this year however. One is marked
Skating Party. Could that be correct? The others are unknowns.
Barbara Null
Tyler, TX