HYB:SEEDS

It is time to start planting the seeds here now that the weather has dipped
down into the lower 40's at night.  I plant my seeds in pots and let them stay
outside all winter and water them every other day or so.

This year, I am planting one seed per pot.  I got a bunch of tall and thin
pots from a friend and they are filthy.  I am having to scrub each one.
Yesterday I scrubbed 160 of them before it just got too cold outside to be
playing in water.

When considering how many pots I am going to need, it makes me wonder if the
crosses I made are really worth all the work.  I sat down and really analyzed
my crosses and set aside half of them, which STILL left me with too many
seeds!  Ugh!

I know a lot of you end up in the same situation and was wondering what do you
do?  Do you plant a few of each variety or do you concentrate planting the
seeds you have a lot of?  Or do you plant the crosses you only have a few
seeds from? Do any of you go through the seeds and pick out the biggest ones
and only plant them?  Do you plant some and hold the rest until you can see
the results from that cross before doing anything with the rest of the seeds?

I know a few of you would recommend planting a bunch together in one gallon
pots, or planting all the seeds I have, regardless. This year at least, I am
not going to be doing either of those scenarios for a variety of reasons.

Patrick Orr