Re: HYB: Clarence pedigree?

Oh my aching, aging brain - went back thru the archives and re-read the
discussions of inheritance/definition of luminata & zonal patterns.

Searched for
<clarence AND zonal AND luminata>

Zonal and luminata patterns have been discussed here every year since
the group started in 1996.

From what I read, CLARENCE isn't quite luminata in appearance (Mike Lowe
commented on this, but didnt' elaborate) but is a zonal that may have 3
or 4 doses of luminata genes (re: Chuck Chapman)....  1999 & 2000
discussion..

Chuck was suggesting that a cross of CLARENCE (zonal) X VANITY
(glaciata) might produce 100% luminata offspring.

I wonder if anybody tried that cross?

Thanks all, for the info and reminders of prior discussions.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8