Cult: About CLARENCE by Clarence via RYF

Hello, Everyone! !   Seeing so much speculation about the origin of CLARENCE
(the  iris ! ) I decided to see if I could  get the matter sort of settled,
so I contacted the person for whom it was named, Clarence, the person..and his
reply bears out what Nita said about Lloyd asking for his "book" about LATEST
STYLE. (And we all send our love and best wishes to Lloyd, those in the
Rebloomer World owe him so much!)

Clarence  said I could pass this on to y'all  --- that although Lloyd had
lost the pedigree of CLARENCE, he, the person Clarence, suggested to him that if
he grows his  LATEST STYLE next to CLARENCE,  he would know  what one of the
parents is when they are both in bloom.  He was using LATEST STYLE for breeding
at the time CLARENCE appeared in his seedling beds.  Although CLARENCE has a
larger, more elegantly formed flower, the resemblance is striking.

  I hope this helps and doesn't just add more confusion.  I don't usually
enter into the frray regarding hybridizing.  But isn't it always the way that you
lose or misplace something that is important and tear your hair out in
frustration trying to find it!  Figuratively speaking, of course, but maybe I can
really use that as a reason!  Even hair wears out in old age!  It is brrrr cold
and windy here, and we could use more sunshine.  zone 7, supposedly.