Re: CULT:Herbicides

Stinger is NOT a broadleaf herbicide. It is rather a selective product that I have used for the past four years or so without any harm to the iris. Keith Keppel told me about the product and I took his recommendation.

It is rather expensive "at first blush" but the dilution factor cheapens it down quickly.
Here in Oregon I paid $128.00 for a one quart container. The saving factor is that the standard dilution is 1/4 ounce of Stinger per gallon to give a 1% solution. That brings the cost down to $1.00 per gallon which is cheaper than milk and gasoline.I am still working on finishing up the first bottle.

It is specific for a sizeable list of weeds....but I use it mainly against vetch (both smooth and hairy), thistle (all of the 4 types present in my area) and clover (doesn't kill but slows growth dramatically).

Dave Silverberg
Molalla, Oregon, zone 7/8ish