Re: RE: HYB: zonals

Just a two-cents-worth comment here.  I agree with Don that 'Clarence' is a
luminata.  So are a great number of other Iris that are not classed as
such.  Some that I believe are luminatas don't even remotely resemble the
"classic" luminata, but they show distinct luminata characters in the
distribution of the pigment on the falls and sometimes the standards too.

There are a bunch that are classed as plicatas because they have plicata
markings, or resemble plicatas in over-all appearance.  A number of these
have plicata patterns near the base and luminata pattern further out on the
tepals.

Now a quick question; I think I missed something.  What is a "zonal"?  If
I'm guessing correctly, most of them I would have called luminatas, but I'd
like to know the definition.

Thanks,

Dave