Re: Re: HYB: oldies - sidebar (pigment)

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: oldies - sidebar (pigment)
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 08:16:23 -0700 (PDT)

Linda, et al.,

I re-read this post as I was making notes.

You said,  "If the
right genes are present, pink pigment is produced and is converted to yellow."
You also said, "I think of both pink and yellow irises as being the same
"color", but needing four doses of tttt to be pink, otherwise being yellow."
The two statements don't seem to add up.  I know that tttt is tangerine beard,
and I think I remember that is recessive.  So, it makes sense that tttt is
pink.  Were you trying to say that TTTT would be yellow?

I've reviewed some
of my beard photos and noticed that McKellar's grove has a "tangerine" beard
that has no "agouti" striping.  Not sure if that's significant of anything...
I was just trying to put this discussion into perspective in my garden.
Christian