Re: Cult:Status of all board and chairpersons

  • Subject: Re: Cult:Status of all board and chairpersons
  • From: GormleyGreenery@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:24:12 EST

In a message dated 11/11/2008 12:50:25 P.M. Central Standard Time,
irisgrower@cableone.net writes:

Is it a  policy that AIS board and chairpersons belong to a local group?
What about  judges?
AIS Board, Chairpersons and Judges must be AIS members  as do all Affiliate
officers.  No requirements the other way.

At the moment do they all belong and support  their local  AIS iris
affiliate?  If this is not policy, why?
Many times AIS members do not have the proximity, time  nor health to
participate in local activities.  There is a large percentage  of AIS members across
the country who do not belong to a local affiliate.   Region 18 has 348 AIS
members, total of 518 total members of whom 214 are not  AIS leaving 130 members
not belonging to an affiliate.  This leaves 25% of  our total Region Iris
members not belonging to an Affiliate and 41.3% of  our Affiliates not belonging
to AIS.

Region 18 Membership Chairs have long accumulated  complete info from the
Affiliate reports in order to recruit AIS members from  the "Non-AIS members" and
affiliate members from the "AIS-not-belonging to  locals" groups.. That is
how we know these stats (as of 9-30-08).  Having  contacted, on a regular basis,
both groups is how we know the answer to your  question - do not have the
proximity, time nor health to participate in local  activities-any or all of the
above.  (Speaking as one of the dedicated  gatherers of these kind of stats!!!)

Does anyone have an AIS board or chairperson member or judge in  their "area"
that does not belong and support  their local  club?

Individual members must choose what best fit their  needs.  I would
vehemently oppose any requirement to the contrary.  I  can make an effective case for
active Affiliate members to become AIS members  and have written articles to
that end but can only remind, on occasion, AIS  members who are not Affiliate
members what opportunities there are and be glad  that they find renewing
benefits from being just AIS members.

Rita  Gormley
AIS RVP Counselor

former RVP Region 18 and a bunch of other AIS related groups and not  an
active member of any Affiliate due to proximity or lack thereof!  Am  member in
name and dues only just to stay in touch with the Happenings in  my former
groups.

10606  Timber Ridge Street
Dubuque, IA  52001-8268
563-513-0504