RE: Cult:Status of all board and chairpersons

  • Subject: RE: Cult:Status of all board and chairpersons
  • From: <Maureen.Mark@fin.gc.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:41:24 -0500

Linda,

It seems that you are asking that it should be policy.  Why?  I think it
should be up to the individual.  That said, AIS board members and chairs
of committees are selected for their dedication to irises and their
contribution to promoting irises.  It is natural that they belong to
their local club.  Many who are called to serve on the AIS board are
also involved in other activities.  Having served before, I can tell you
that they are all very busy people.

I am currently chair of the AIS Publications Committee.  I am also
president of my local club and I convene shows for my local hort
society, not to mention all the other clubs that I belong to.  Oh, and I
hold a full time job that is quite demanding, so I am stretched pretty
thin these days.

Maureen Mark