Re: OT: Fall

  • Subject: Re: OT: Fall
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:21:18 -0500

We enjoy hearing from you, too, Francelle. For my part, I feel it's ok to get a little wordy once in a while when the list traffic is down. Temps here have been colder than forecast for the last few days, and the plants have gone on "hold" till things warm up a bit. So far, we've just missed freezes, but heavy frost on the windshield has made me antsy. The SDBs just shrug it off and bloom anyhow, but the TBs play it safe. At this rate, if no freezes, there should be irises on the table for Thanksgiving.

The thought just struck me, what a blessing our rebloomers are. I was on the way to visit a friend who is terminally ill day before yesterday, when I remembered a particular seedling blooming in the garden. I went back, cut it and put it in a vase. It will brighten her room for several days.

My seedlings are introduced through Winterberry Gardens, Francelle. Don and Ginny Spoon put out a nice catalogue, but they're satisfied with their current level of business, so have opted not to put it on line. If you contact them at vspoon@aol.com, they'll send you a catalogue. I've been thinking about running an ad in the Bulletin to give some of the introductions a bit more exposure. -- Griff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Francelle" <fjmjedwards@qwest.net>