Re: HYB: dry vs fresh seed germination
  • Subject: Re: HYB: dry vs fresh seed germination
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 10:02:49 -0500 (EST)

We've proven that most of the old recommendations aren't set in stone.  Does
that mean they are all wrong? With unprotected seed pots (mulch) seed often
float to the top.  I usually push them back into the soil, but I never know if
they sprout since there are up to 35 seed in each pot.  I don't have a way of
identifying each seed in a cross so that I might have exact records.  Maybe
planting seed in individual cells would satisfy that need?  So far, I've not
tried that technique.  Doubt I have enough interest to do it at this point.
I'll just accept what sprouts and let others worry about the details..

Did reealize that frig babies debunked the "three times diameter of the seed"

Betty Wilkerson
Zone 6 KY