I just whizzed through the last three Iris-L digests and don't see any
pronoun.  I am not an iris expert, but I can certainly make a
suggestion to help with those sexist pronouns Clarence was worried
about--99% of the time using the plural will do the trick--talk about
hybridizerS and you don't have to specify he or she....Once you try to
avoid using he as a generic it becomes very easy to avoid it--and it is
like a slap in the face when someone uses it!

Debbie Green (who appreciates that Clarence worries about this....after
five years coordinating a Women's Studies program I found many people
don't bother...)  Williamsburg, VA  USDA Zone 7/8