New Iris Book Available

Abner Whitehead in Richmond, VA just sent me an email with information on an
iris book which I have been waiting for.  It is published by Cambridge
University Press and the information is available at web site
www.cup.org/Titles/44/0521440742.html...you can even access an order form at
this site.  Here is description of the book......

A Guide to Species Irises
Their Identification and Cultivation
Species Group of the British Iris Society, The (ed.) Line drawings by
Christabel King
This is the first comprehensive, botanically detailed and up-to-date survey
of this beautiful group
of plants since publication of The Genus Iris by W. R. Dykes early this
century. Based on the
most recent classification, the work includes all of the species which have
been described so far
this century, bringing together information currently scattered throughout
the literature. Accurate
line drawings, colour pictures of unusual species and distribution maps
increase the appeal for
professionals and amateurs alike.
Contributors: 1. Iris history, C. Lyte/ 2. Cultivation, P. Maynard/ 3.
Chromosomes, J. R. Ellis/ 4.
Guide to identification/ 5. Section Iris, N. Service/ 6. Section Psammiris/
7. Section Oncocyclus,
M. Rix/ 8. Section Regelie/ 9. Section Hexapogon/ 10. Section Pseudoregelia/
11. Section
Lophiris, J. R. Ellis, 12. Series Chinenses/ 13. Series Vernae/ 14. Series
Ruthenicae/ 15. Series
Tripetalae/ 16. Sibiricae, C. Grey-Wilson/ 17. Series Californicae, V. C.
Dickson-Cohen/ 18.
Series Longipetalae/ 19. Series Laevigatae, S. Linnegar/ 20. Series
Hexagonae/ 21. Series
Prismaticae, 22. Series Spuriae, M. E. Bowley/ 23. Series Foetidissimae, A.
Blanco White/ 24.
Series Tenuifoliae/ 25. Series Ensatae/ 26. Syriacae Series, O. Cohen/ 27
Series Ungiculares, A.
Davis and S. Jury/ 28. Subgenus Nepalensis, C. Innes/ 29. Subgenus Xiphium,
H. Christiansen/
30. Subgenus Scorpiris, B. Mathew/ 31. Subgenus Hermodactyloides, W. R.
Killens/ 32. Iris
pariensis, J. W. Waddick/ Distribution maps, W. R. Killens/ Line drawings, C.
King/ Colour
plates/ Glossary/ Index of species
Subject: biological sciences
1996        6 x 9        c. 300 pp.        120 color plates 27 line diagrams
27 maps
Hardback        0-521-44074-2        $49.95*

I am putting my order in the mail today!  Clarence Mahan