Re: Pacific Coast Native Iris

>Barb Rigby wrote:
>
> Another question for anyone else out there.  Can pacific coast be grown in
> places like Tenn. ?

Carol writes:
I'm glad to hear that Linda tried PCN seeds, as I did when I first joined
WNEIS 3 yrs. ago, but I had a 0% germination rate. Howsomeever, I know of
one iris grower in Region I (New England) who had some growing in her garden
that had over-wintered. I'm not sure if they're still there, though.

You're probably aware that some work is being done on Cal-Sibes (PCN's x
siberians and vice-versa), so maybe that's the way us less-favored guys will
get to grow them!

Carol Blais, zone 5, Region I - CBLAIS@worldnet.att.net
AIS,WNEIS,ISM,HIPS
Where it's 19 deg. this AM, expected to hit 32 - a heat wave in western MA!