Re: AIS Members in General

At 04:50 AM 11/30/96 +0000, Donald wrote:
..Clarence Mahan's ... then offered me my pick from the entire
>garden (anything of which he had enough to share).  ...and Clarence took
some time to educate me.

Guess we're both members of the Clarence Mahan Admiration Society - we met
Clarence in a PA garden in '95, when he kindly explained that I. pseudacorus
could grow in a dry location once it was established (we had previously only
seen it growing in close proximity to water)! He's a perfect example of what
we've found true about most iris people - generous with their knowledge, if
not their rhizomes!

>this approach can lead to the "kid in a candy store syndrome", as it did
>with me. :)
>
>-Donald

Yes, we know the feeling - from 15 Schreiner's package irises in 1992, to
over 400 in 1996! <:)

Carol Blais, zone 5, Region I - CBLAIS@worldnet.att.net
AIS,WNEIS,ISM,HIPS