Re: Pacific Coast iris (was evaluation criteria)

<< Clarence has more experience killing Pacific Coast iris in the east than I
 do, so maybe he will comment. >>

When I try them next time, I am going to sterilize the soil first.  I think
out West they use a product called Subdue, if I remember correctly....please
someone, correct this if I am mistaken.

One of the problems almost everywhere seems to be with organisms in the soil
which cause particular problems for PCNs.  When planted in the spring, I can
keep most of them alive until winter sets in...then in the spring they are
dead.  The major exception being the cultivar BIG MONEY, which I was able to
get to a three year clump with loads of blooms one time....and to a two year
clump with blooms the second time.  Clarence Mahan in VA