Re: Spice of Life

LMann76543@aol.com wrote:

>  All I want is for some help in finding out where these
> things have grown successfully (or vice versa) either before or after
> introduction - I can't afford to shell out $100 for an iris anyway (or even
> $30 unless I cut way back on trying new ones).  (Of course, if they all grew
> like MAYTAG RED....)
>
> On the second topic, there doesn't seem to be any disagreement, except over
> what, how, and when to fix things.  I don't remember seeing anybody post that
> they thought the current AIS awards system is just fine and dandy just the
> way it is.  Not even the California people in iris heaven.

Linda,
I not sure where you live in East Tennessee, but I could suggest you
join a local iris society if it is possible.  Being in a society you can
hear from other members what grows and does not grow for them in your
general area.  You can usually acquire newer iris at modest prices from
these societies.

As for the current awards system, you must have missed the wonderful
posting that Gigi Hall wrote a few days ago.  Also one by Clarence
Mahan.

Rick Tasco
Central California -- IRIS HEAVEN -- (Yeh, talk to me about some of my
problems)
Zone 8.5 -- First frost last night. 31 degrees.