Re: Evaluation Criteria

> What individuals will take the time
> and effort to do the evaluations.  I used to send my seedlings out for
> evaluation around the county.  I stopped.  I hardly recieved any
> feedback.  One prominent grower one year told me he was so busy to even
> see it.
	This is a serious problem that I hear a lot of hybridizers mention.
How do you tell the difference between someone who will keep the records
and take the time to seriously evaluate a seedling and someone who wants
the first peek at your new seedlings for free.  There is also a certain
amount of "coolness" that goes with guesting iris.  I have been known to
turn down guest iris because I thought they were not up to current
standards or because I felt that they were not of the quality to
introduce.  On the flip side I have had hybridizers pass me up because I
feel that anything I guest should be treated just as my own iris.  It
would seem to me, to defeat the purpose of guesting if I give them
special treatment.  However the records I keep and the information I
pass back are extra work and should be kept in mind by anyone
considering being a host.
Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
of rain a year.  Our average wind speed is 12.5 mph and we have an