Re: Species for Beginners

Carol stated
I received some SIGNA seeds at the MASS convention that are marked "I. x
reversicolor". Is there such an animal, or are they really I. versicolors?

This sounds like one of the products of Tony Huber who is crossing the water
irises back and forth and generating a wide variety of "names".  I have
looked through his paper in St. Louis to find if he uses that term but canot
see it, however, that does not mean he has not used it somewhere.  If you
look back through the SIGNA seed list, using the number, then you should
find the source.
Ian E. Efford
Ottawa zone 3