I should add a little about my I.graminea in response to various questions.
Firstly, a correction.  I received a large clump and divided into three.
They were planted in quite different locations and grew to different heights.

1. Open sunny spot, dryish - 1 foot 3 inches average height of leaves

2. Light shade under a spruce - 2ft 3 inches

3. Shade most of the day and cool - 1ft

All three clumps produced quite a few flowers in the first summer soon after
transplanting.  I did not record numbers.  They all seemed well formed but,
as expected, low in the leaves.  As I am most reluctant to cut flower
it means that none was cut for the house and certainly none for a show!

Next year, I will force myself to allow flower to be cut for the house
(naturally on scientific grounds) and examine them more closely.

Ian E. Efford
Ottawa zone 3