Re: Spice of Life

Linda you wrote:

>I started thinking of California as iris heaven when I got a notecard from
>the late Jim McWhirter one March with iris on the outside and a happy note
>about all the beautiful spring iris bloom he was enjoying!  And we have
>people on this list talking about year round iris bloom in southern
>California!

Remember that not everywhere in California is like Southern California.  If
you live in Northern California (i.e. Redding) you get rain, snow and the
temp has been known to drop down to 18 degrees.

I also lost MAGAREE to excess water and heat.

Barbara Grd student and iris lover. >:<  I'm just jealous....