RE: Life Cycle of a Mail List

I thought you folks might like to know a little bit more about "The Life
Cycle of a Mailing List" that was posted here recently. It has become
an internet classic, popping up wherever there is controversy about
what is "off-topic".

The original was written by Kat Nagel, and posted to Copyediting-L,
the first mailing list I participated in. I actually saw the *original*
posting (ooh--aah--). Copyediting-L has the *best* list culture of any
list I have participated in, and I modeled the Iris-L list policies on
what I had seen working so well there.

I'm sure many mailing lists owe much of their success and perhaps
even their survival to Kat's words of wisdom.

Enjoy the list, Tom.

Tom Tadfor Little                                   telp@Rt66.com
Telperion Productions              http://www.rt66.com/~telp/