Maytag Red (Iris Humor?)

In a message dated 96-11-27 23:06:04 EST, Donald wrote:

<< Of course if consistency, predictability, reliability, dependability, and
 perfection is what you're after I would recommend that you try a newly
 introduced TB named MAYTAG RED (Ripley, 1996). >>

What! This iris is selling for ONLY $55.00! When Lloyd Zurbrigg introduced
IMMORTALITY he charged $100.00.  And I bought it for that price and have
never regretted it.  I would buy MAYTAG RED if the price were higher, but I
don't have space to be planting a lot of cheap irises.  After all, you might
be a redneck irisarian if you plant cheap irises along the path to your
still.  Clarence Mahan in northern Virginia