Black Horned Iris

Chad Schroter wrote:

:  Perhaps a better specific question would be how to add horns to a black
:  rebloomer. I dont believe there are any black horned iris (Stingray is dark
:  blue) as such, so my first take would be to cross Stingray with Rosalie Figge
:  Midnite Caller.

Black Hope (Austin,'63) was black enough to merit the name but described as
having deep mulberry standards and velvety mulberrry-black falls with 1 1/2"
horns.  The pod parent was a horned seedling (sorry, I don't recall its
description) and the pollen parent was Sable Night (one of the best "black" TBs
of its day, IMO).

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)