Re: The Impact of Cold Climate Rebloomers

In a message dated 96-11-27 07:41:06 EST, Clarence  wrote:

<< In saying that cold climate rebloomers are the salvation of the tall
 irises, I do not mean that this is just because they rebloom.  Rather, it is
 because of their genetic make-up which is heavy in its origins on I. trojana
 and AMAS rather than the tender Ii. mesopotamica and cypriana.  Cold weather
 rebloomers are hardy!  >>

Dorothy questions:

There has been more discussion on "cold weather" rebloomers since this
posting.  I'm not sure I know what a "cold weather" rebloomer is, as opposed
to a "regular" rebloomer----?  Anyone care to contribute their definition?
 Are we referring to the few irises that have been reported to rebloom in
USDA Zone 3?  4?  5?  or ??  Examples?

Dorothy Fingerhood
Newfield, NY