Re: AIS Judging (Was Hybridizers Seedllings)

<<  but to suggest that only `just folks'
 	like we growers, who are not judges or hybridizers, would be so
 	unethical to vote on seeing a photo smacks of elitism....they
 	are bad apples in every barrel. >>
Ellen, please don't interpret my words that way....there is nothing unethical
about people voting in the Symposium on whatever basis they choose....to my
knowledge there are no rules regarding Symposium voting.   When I say
accredited judges do not vote on the basis of seeing a photo of an iris, I
say this because I do know hundreds of judges.  We are taught that to vote in
such a way in the Awards System is wrong...and the judges I know are caring,
honorable people.  Most of the people I know in AIS, including those who are
not judges, are caring, honorable people. Those who bother to take many hours
of training and do extensive study tend to know more...many people do this
also who are not judges....but judges MUST do it. I don't think this truism
deserves the label "elitism".   Fondly, Clarence