Re: Judging iris

Ellen Gallagher wrote:

      I am a complete novice when it comes to this area - I don't even
        have a judge's handbook...and haven't even applied in my
        Does AIS expect *all* judges to be qualified to judge *all*
        types of iris?

Ellen,

It really would benefit you to get the AIS Handbook for Judges and Show
Officials.  Whether you plan to become a judge or not it explains all
about the steps to become a judge, how to judge iris(garden judging as
well as show judging), what judges look for in a show and all about
putting together a show.

No, you don't have to grow all iris.  It is virtually impossible to grow
them all.  Some will not grow in your climate and vice versa for me.
You are encouraged to grow as wide and varied collection as is
manageable for yourself.

Rick Tasco
Central California -- Nestled in the lap of the Sierra Nevada foothills
Temp 63 degrees and sunny today
Zone 8.5