Re: Species Iris - I. cycloglossa

At 03:48 PM 11/26/96 -0500, you wrote:
>If you are thinking of growing any of the bulbous juno (=scorpiris) group, I
>would strongly recommend that you try to get hold of I. cycloglossa.  It has
>big, bluey purple flowers which are strongly scented, is easy to grow either
>outside or in pots and doesn't have a disproportionate amount of foliage.
>It's getting about a bit more (sorry - I don't know the current position in
>N. America but I would assume much the same) and is well worth seeking out.
>Ian Black  ianblack@easynet.co.uk
>Hampshire, UK  - mintemp  -8C

I'm assuming that I. cylcoglossa can take some frost since it is bulbous.
However, can it take the heat and humidity that is indicative of
southeastern U.S. Summers (approximately 100 degrees Far.)?
I'll try looking for this in some of my bulb catalogs.  Anyone on the list
have a source for this one?

-Donald Mosser

Donald Mosser
AIS, HIPS, SPCNI, IRIS-L