Re: I. Japonica

	Clarence -- I have some Iris japonica from that same source also, and
I have them under light (ordinary shop lights used for propogation and
seed starting). They had been outside in pots.  Mine aren't doing so well..

What size pot did you use? How about watering - how often, etc,
Temperature??

Were your bloomstalks set while outside do you suppose??

---------> I'm hoping to save mine!! Do they need a period of dormancy,
or do they continuously grow in ideal (outdoor) circumstances??
 Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY where it's snowing and snowing and snowing
********
Clarence Said:
This past summer Bill Smoot gave me several plants.  One I potted up a month
ago and brought into the house, where it has set under Gro-Lux lights with my
wife's orchids and tender plants.  When we came back from a trip to Orlando
(to see our son and grandsons)  yesterday, Iris japonica under the lights had
a lovely bloom stalk with open flowers.  Delicate and lovely!  What a nice
Thanksgiving gift.  It increases by runners, and you should plant it outside
in the spring (in the ground) and then repot in the fall before first hard
freeze.  In a sheltered spot, Bill Smoot can get this lovely iris to bloom
outside in southern Tidewater VA (Portsmouth,