Re: Species irises

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Avocet International wrote:

> The following species have all flowered for me and that almost all of them
> have been grown from seed.  The success rate when one starts from seeds is
> much higher than when starting from plants.

>                 danfordiae

	I just read last night that I. danfordiae  did  not like cold
	winters and I was going to plant it inside in a pot....I like
	the color, shape, etc. Are your plants outside, perhaps in a
	rock garden?

> example, on a first date, I took a first year Engish major university
> collecting for animals from the mud of a local river.  She ended up wet and
> covered in mud, her pants badly torn, and not in the best of humour!  The
> final outcome was that we have been married now for 37 years!

	Loved this story!

	Thank you for your wonderful list of species - it will be
	in my iris wish list.

	Ellen Gallagher
	e_galla@moose.ncia.net
	Lancaster, New Hampshire, USA